Job Title - .Net Developer
Job Location – 825 NE Multnomah, LCT 800, Portland, OR 97232
Length – Contract (6 Months+)
Job description –
o Lead .NET developer for the Facility Point Inspection legacy obsolescence re-write
o Perform duties as assigned by the IT Distribution Supervisor and the Project Technical Lead.
o Direct and lead other developers (one to three) working on the project.
o Analyze existing business requirements, functional specifications, and technical design documents.
o Design, document, and develop .NET solution desktop client solution using tools such as C#.NET, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, and SQL Lite.
o Plan and execute Unit and Integration testing of .NET software modules. Assist project QA lead as needed to develop detailed Systems and User Acceptance Test Plans.
o Deliver on commitments and manage software development services to accomplish the assigned work within project timelines and budgets.
o The hours per week may vary 40 to 50 hours per week subject to change, based on Firms’ staff availability, with an estimated total of 1200 hours for 6 months.
o Following and enforcing company policies.
• Travel? If so, what percent of responsibilities? – probably required for training and roll-out
• Reason for hire – A contractor developer resource is required to perform application development/customizations and project change commitments to help meet the Facility Point Inspection Legacy Client Replacement project schedule and scope.
• Normal Business Hours – 8AM to 5PM
.NET Developer Minimum Requirements:
1. Strong C#.NET Lead Developer with 7-10yrs of experience in building multi-tier windows solutions. Must have demonstrated experience with both front-end (user interface) and back-end (services, database integration) development.
2. Programming experience in C#.NET & Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) required.
3. Programming experience integrating .NET solutions with database required. SQL Lite client preferred.
4. Experience developing and supporting Windows “thick client” applications operating in a disconnected database mode is preferred.
5. Able to decompose business requirements, functional specifications and technical design documents into modular component specifications for coding. Full life cycle project experience strongly preferred.
6. Experience as a “hands-on” lead of a small team of developers is strongly preferred.
7. Communication and interpersonal skills for consulting with users to understand needs, define requirements, and provide effective solutions.
8. Good writing skills to be able to effectively document system components, such as system architecture, data flow, operations, software installations and support.
9. Knowledge of current technologies, tools, applications, and vendors.
10. Ability to work both as a team member, or independently on complex tasks, to maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
11. Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or a related field.
Desired experience for position(s) includes the following:
1. Understanding of company’s existing IT environment and of applicable company policies, practices, and procedures.
2. Experience with PacifiCorp GIS or Distribution systems, data, or business processes.
3. Database experience including Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases
APN Software Service INC