Duration: Feb 5 – April 27 (possible extension)
Location: Newport Beach, CA
The goal is to assist the staff (nurses, doctors, support staff, etc.) transition to utilizing the Epic software system for all hospital functions. The Epic system will already be implemented at this time, so these Epic Superusers will basically be floating around each unit as a user support – they will need a assist the staff with any questions regarding Epic functionality in each unit for the three-month period defined below.
Epic comes in a variety of forms depending on the unit one is working in. For instance, the Emergency Room has a completely different Epic layout and functions compared to an Inpatient area. Superusers can be certified in any unit specifically, and multiple units too. We will need a variety of Superusers/instructors to assist all the units. Below are some of the modules that exist.
Types of Epic Certifications that we’ll need for Hoag Epic Rollout:
• ASAP – Emergency Room
• Beacon – Medical Oncology
• Cadence – Scheduling and Tracking Patient Appointments
• Cupid – Cardiology
• EpicCare Ambulatory/Inpatient: Clinical Documentation, Order Entry, E-Prescribing
• Kaleidoscope – Ophthalmology
• OpTime/Anesthesia – Scheduling and Documentation for Surgical Procedures
• Prelude/ADT – Patient Registration System
• Radiant – Radiology
• Stork – Obstetrics
• Willow (Inpatient and/or Outpatient) – Pharmacy