Location: Randolph, MA 02368
Duration: 12 Months
1.C++ and C Sharp programming skills.
2.Object oriented design and application exp.
3.Firmware and PCB experience or knowledge.
Lead Software Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join the product development team for best-in class, smart industrial instrumentation. Our products bring software, electronics & sensors, pneumatics, and hardware together to create cutting edge microprocessor based instruments for the process control industry. The Lead Software Engineer, provides technical leadership and expertise to architect, design, and develop software solutions and technologies as part of a highly collaborative, multi-discipline, fast-paced and global environment.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will:
• Lead all aspects of product development cycle and existing product support, including system design, implementation, and validation.
• Contribute in both device and PC workstation design phase for a total system solution.
• Drive the design and development of user interaction models, workflows and user interfaces.
• Lead the creation of software frameworks and modules and authoring detailed design specifications.
• Lead the design and development of firmware for smart instruments including valve controller, process measurement and safety handling devices.
• Provide technical expertise and leadership in the design and development of new system, device and supporting tools.
• Provide technical leadership in multi-national, cross-disciplinary teams to develop new products and sustain existing products.
• Collaborate with other technical leaders to improve and refine platform/system/device.
• Lead software based product algorithm development and analysis.
• Lead the implementation of best practices, and improvements to development processes, programming standards, and development environments including tool chain maintenance.
• Understand the business’ opportunities and marketing plan to drive technology solutions with software.
• Own the design and development of the software modules and systems and work with the developers in specific implementations.
• Participate in market study and competitive analysis, requirement gathering, system architecting and design analysis.
• Communicate project plans, tracking details, status updates to stake holders.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science field from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in computer science or engineering fields.
• Excellent expertise in Visual Studio, C/C++, C#/.NET, SQL, XML and Web Service.
• Programming experience in C, C++
• Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science field from an accredited college or university.
• Strong familiarity with development methodologies, like Agile.
• Solid bridge capability between firmware and supporting tools to facilitate XML based collaborative design for embedded and PC based solution.
• Versed in industrial fieldbus technologies such as HART/FF; Familiar with FDT-DTM/OPC, Device Description and other automation software technology.
• In depth understanding of complete lifecycle of product conceptualization and delivery .
• Process automation industry experiences a plus.
• Familiar with process automation related technical regulations and standards.
• Ability to lead the junior and senior members of the software development team.
• Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and able to put ideas into a tangible form.
• Able to travel globally for global team project development.
• Hardware aptitude.
• Stringent development and programming practice, safety minded.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
APN Software Services INC
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560