Job title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Responsible for ensuring consistent supplier quality, as well as support and control suppliers of client
• Manage supplier qualifications to ensure that assigned suppliers are capable of producing material, and/or components that will consistently meet client Engineering drawing and specification requirements.
• Conduct surveillance audits to assure that suppliers have effective process control, rigorous product acceptance standards, and robust quality systems.
• Conduct process capability statistical analysis to proactively identify issue trends.
• Manage supplier non-conformance and Supplier Deviation Request (SDR) activities.
• Perform robust Root Cause Analysis to solve quality issues and prevent reoccurrence.
• Drive suppliers to complete continuous improvement projects to improve top internal issue drivers.
• Be the technical focal point to coordinate Sourcing, Design & Materials Engineering functions while interfacing with suppliers.
• Drive consistency and adherence to quality procedures and specification requirements.
• Provide technical guidance to suppliers to assure product/process compliance with engineering drawings and specifications.
• Work closely with commercial, engineering and manufacturing teams to eliminate any barriers that may affect the quality and delivery of sourced components.
• Provide Sourcing Quality input to Engineering during product design reviews.
• Active participation on mandatory EHS trainings and events.
• Follow EHS rules and warn others to follow the rules.
• Immediately report the incidents and near misses to the direct reports and EHS dept.
• Immediately shut down the operation when realized life or serious injury risk present.
• Further tasks not involved in this Job Description that the immediate leader/manager assigns with verbally or in writing.
Education: • Bachelor’s Degree (Technicial Degree preferred)
• Demonstrated technical aptitude and a passion for quality
• Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, metrology, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
Thanks and Regards,
APN Software Services, Inc (www.apninc.com)
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-402-1080 / Fax 510-623-5055
Email Id: Sawant@apninc.com