Duration: 6 months contract
Looking for a candidate experienced using Solidworks making components and complex assemblies.
Must be able to make models using existing seed parts and then assemble those parts together using the appropriate mates.
An understanding of configuration management and PLM systems is required. SAP or ECTR would be a plus.
A Drafter/Designer support position within the F&PT Engineering department. The position reports to the Sustaining Engineering Manager. Drafter/Designer is responsible for preparing clear, complete and accurate detail drawings from detailed mark ups, sketches and/or notes under direct supervision.
In the role of Drafter/Designer you will:
• Construct 2D and 3D component, sub-assembly, and assembly drawings from sketches or red lined prints using Solid Works.
• Correct or revise drawings by incorporating specific drawing changes, Engineering change notices (ECN), checkers notations, or related information
• Makes revisions including dimensioning and scaling. Updates ERP system (SAP) information as it relates to the drawing revisions and release
• Understands and uses ASME Y14.5 GD&T, Engineering Drafting Standards and Document Control practices appropriately
• Create and modify Bills of Materials (BOM) and enter into the ERP (SAP) system
• Communicates with senior designers, drafting supervisor and project engineers to resolve design questions
• Machining/Manufacturing experience is desirable
• Associate's Degree in drafting or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university
• Minimum 3 years of experience in drafting and design