Job Title – Staff Network Architect
Job Location – Irving TX
Length – Contract (6 Months + Extendible)
Siemens is currently seeking a staff Network Architect to join our Postal Automation design team in Irving, TX.
The successful candidate will be designing and implementing complex network infrastructure to meet customer requirements. Candidate will be responsible for all aspects of information technology relating to day-to-day operation of the Engineering department, including implementing, operating and troubleshooting various datacenter servers and networks. In this position, candidate will be working along with a team of highly motivated individuals focused on meeting highly aggressive business demands and customer satisfaction goals.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Certification may be required in some areas.
• Minimum 8 years of relevant engineering experience.
• Experience in designing, implementing and maintaining complex data communication networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), intranets and wireless networks
• Ensure that networks and systems are secure and reliable by protecting and enforcing network boundaries, update and harden systems to prevent attacks, and investigate suspicious activities in the environment.
• Perform network diagnostics using tools such as Wireshark, Shunra, SmartSniff, NetStat, etc.
• Understanding of various TCP/IP based network protocols such as telnet, FTP, ping, HTTP, etc.
• Evaluate and specify computer hardware configuration and determine to meet system performance requirements.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise installation, configuration and administration.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Servers installation, configuration and administration
• Experience with Windows Active Directory management and administration
• Experience with MS Team Foundation Server and Sharepoint administration
• Manage department-wide file servers, file shares access
APN Software Service INC