Incident and PM Process Leader
Duration : 6 months possible temp to hire
Location Lincolnshire IL
Seeking an Incident and Problem Management process leader for location in our Lincolnshire, Illinois office. The selected candidate will ensure operational teams are executing support roles aligned with ITIL practices and internal goals.
In this role, the person selected will deliver leadership with Zebra IT’s incident and problem management processes aligned with ITIL best practices as well as being directly responsible for Major Incident Management coordination and messaging.
This position will be considered for contractor to permanent position.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
• Standard Incident Governance - Inspect and measure incident delivery through the analysis and reporting of key process related metrics. Identify patterns and systemic process issues with standard incident management delivery and follow up appropriately. Engage with Zebra support teams to maintain a consistent, effective operational process for incident resolution.
• Major Incident Delivery – Selected candidate will be the point of escalation for incidents critically impacting client's business operations (Major Incidents) during North American daylight hours. In the major incident role, the position requires: quickly issuing outage alert notifications, ensuring support teams engage on a collaborative resolution conference call, driving for service restoration with team members, communicating regular status updates, and documenting Major Incident time line and business impact. Role requires being on-call outside some standard North American business hours.
• Standard Incident Reporting – Produce monthly and quarterly reports on incident management delivery using KPIs. Metric reports are key to assessing performance and delivery of support teams.
• Problem Management – Initiate Problem Management process following Major Incidents and coordinate weekly Major Incident reviews. Contribute to Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigation as appropriate. Track and report upon defined corrective actions.
The selected candidate will possess:
• More than 7 years of operational work experience with incident management delivery, methodologies, and professional tools
• Prior experience with Major Incident delivery - strong background with coordinating cross-functional response to major, high impacting disruptions.
• Ability to be on-call for Major Incident delivery outside of some standard business hours.
• Ability to communicate effectively amongst IT technical teams, IT leadership and Zebra business team members.
• Experience working with ITIL principles (certification a plus)
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Service Management tool sets – ServiceNow is a plus
• Strong knowledge and experience in excel functionality and reporting (formulas)
• Strong focus on customer satisfaction
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in software engineering, computer science, or business administration and/or equivalent work experience.