Client: HMH Presbyterian
Title: Non-Government Collector
Req #: 515258
Location: 1 Hoag Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92663
Duration: 10 months
Manages patient accounts from the point of admission through discharge, then to final collection of the expected contract amount.
· Acts as a collector to obtain the maximum reimbursement for hospital services.
· Responsible for all accounts with a contracted insurance as the primary or current payer.
· Non-Government Collectors follow up with insurance companies for payment on claims that we have submitted.
· Projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct.
· Supports the Hospital and Business Services missions.
· Participates in the continuous quality improvement process.
· Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures.
· Proven ability to interface with all customer levels, i.e., physicians, hospital staff, insurance plans, ancillary providers and patients.
· Promotes teamwork and process improvement organization wide.
· Able to work with minimal supervision.
· Meets quality assurance and productivity standards.
· Participates actively in any training opportunities to enhance knowledge to help Hoag patients.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School graduate or equivalent.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette.
· Problem solving skills essential.
· Ability to think independently and use good judgment for situations which require initiative and innovation.
· Knowledge of basic office equipment.
· Ability to establish work priorities and prioritize needs to meet required timelines.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills.
· 10 Key by touch and ability to type 45 wpm.
· Basic math calculation skills.
· Computer literacy, including proficiency in Word and Excel
· Bilingual English/Spanish