Location: Omaha NE
Duration: 6 months+
Provide technical expertise and guidance in the development of standards, procedures, tool selection and process improvement related to application development, maintenance, operation and system support activities.
Requires Bachelor's degree in related technical field; 3+ years experience in information systems as a quality assurance analyst; familiar with automated testing, change management, quality assurance skills and project life cycle, report distribution and automated control balancing processes.
1. Ability to learn and understand complex software systems and their interrelationships in a short period of time
2. 5+ years’ experience with all types of software testing including functional, non-functional, integration, regression, and user acceptance
3. 5+ years’ experience testing .NET and java applications
4. Clear and effective written and oral communication skills
5. In-depth knowledge of test planning, test case creation and test case execution
6. Solid experience with software technologies including: HTML, XML, java, and .NET
7. Solid experience with MS SQL databases
8. Ability to work both in a project team environment and alone with minimal direction and supervision
9. Knowledge of Agile scrum development method and how Quality Assurance participates in this process
10. Experience with hosting requirements and test scenario reviews with developers, other QAs, and project stakeholders including project managers and product owners
11. Ability to determine and manage impact to test scenarios and cases when requirements change
12. Must be very detail oriented and be able to find the root cause of defects
13. Experience in automated testing using UFT automated testing is a required.
1. Review requirements with developers and other QAs for consistency and accuracy
2. Create, maintain, and execute test plan, test scenarios and cases against complex software, primarily inputs are requirement documents and logic extracts
3. Enter test scenarios, cases, and expected results in the test management tool
4. Create and execute test sets in the test management tool; analyze and communicate test results from tool
5. Execute complex SQL to ensure data is persisted correctly in databases
6. Create and track defects in JIRA
7. Participate in daily SCRUMs
8. Deliver test scenarios and cases on time according to the project timeline
9. Determine test data needed for execution and identify data gaps in test environment
10. Identify test cases that are potential candidates for automation in UFT.