Job Title: Senior Linux Systems Engineer
Location: Dulles, VA
Duration: Permanent position
Responsible for the design, build, implementation and operations of the Linux virtual and physical server environment. The Senior Linux Systems Engineer ensures the performance, stability, and security of the Linux servers. The Senior Engineer manages the operating systems software and hardware life cycles and produces robust, sustainable and standardized infrastructure. The Engineer supports and strengthens the team through education, mentoring and knowledge sharing.
· Expert level Linux systems administration skills
· Extensive experience with systems build, and automating provisioning and configurations of physical and virtual systems hosted on VMWare ESX using configuration management and orchestration tools such as Red Hat Satellite, Ansible, and CloudForms
· In-depth knowledge of RHEL 6.x and 7.x performance tuning and OS patching
· Hands-on experience designing, implementing, tuning and maintaining Veritas VCS clusters
· Expertise in one of the following scripting languages: Perl, Python, C, or Ruby.
· Understanding of the CI/CD pipeline and the tool chain required to support it (orchestration, development deployment, version control, containerized systems and micro services)
· Experience with middleware application installation, configuration and support (Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere, MQ) - Preferred
· Experience planning, configuring, implementing, and supporting virtual machines in a Cloud-based environment - Preferred
· Experience managing and supporting Postgres and MySQL databases - Preferred
· 10+ years Red Hat Linux
· 5+ years VMWare
· Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven ability to facilitate and coordinate work across department and divisional lines to produce results.
· Organized, detail-oriented and professional
· Able to communicate well with technical and non-technical personnel
· Able to work effectively as a member of a diverse team
· RHCE certification highly desired
· VMWare Certified Professional preferred
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent work experience