1. Check to see if parts are already in SAP and have a number associated to it
2. If part isn’t already loaded, create a part description (get part dimensions, with calipers, tape measure) manufacturer part number, vendor part number, and other parts details.
3. Call vendors to get lead times and pricing on parts and input into system.
4. Review vendor parts manual lists and verify data is correct.
Basic Job Requirements:
1. Have a basic understanding of common mechanical and electrical parts terminology, i.e. bearings, sprockets, motors, gearboxes, etc…
2. Basic understand of Maintenance Management Systems, like MP2, CMMS, and SAP.
3. Use calipers and/or tape measurer to measure part specs
Worked in manufacturing environment before.