Responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Provide independent support of computer hardware, PC builds, software and peripherals and servers as well as manage technology obsolescence for mining clients.
• Provide first and second tier support to troubleshoot hardware, software, phone, connectivity, application issues and provide daily operations support as needed.
• Support data and communication networks and equipment, including wiring and related software/hardware upgrades, modifications, replacements and troubleshooting in coordination with corporate IT.
• Perform application and security administration functions on critical application and domain environments.
• Evaluate, install, design, develop, test, upgrade, troubleshoot and maintain programs and operating systems for the mine business and operations applications.
• Act as a liaison between corporate IT and the mine to ensure that mine operating priorities and necessities are communicated and considered in decision making processes.
• Analyze systems and recommend solutions utilizing new technologies and system solutions for meeting business needs.
• Plan, coordinate and complete moderately complex projects.
• Develop standards, procedures, guidelines and provide effective planning, documentation, communication and training for mining personnel as needed.
Requirements for this position include the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field; or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
• A minimum of three years experience in a hands-on desktop or user support role, working in an enterprise class environment with personal computers, laptops, control and file servers.
• Experience building, loading and supporting UNIX systems.
• Project management skills, ability to develop and monitor work agreements and budgets, and to determine specifications, schedules, and deliverables.
• Technical skills including hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting and support.
• Ability to design, develop and complete moderately complex technical projects independently and on schedule.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for consulting with users to understand needs, define requirements, and provide effective solutions.
• Knowledge of current technologies, tools, applications, and vendors.
• Ability to provide input and recommendations regarding new technologies and system solutions for meeting business needs.
• Knowledge of UNIX, LINUX, Windows Operating systems, AD.
• Programming skills utilizing VB.Net, HTML, Perl, MS SQL and PL/SQL.
• Oracle database, Oracle Financials
• CSC requirements and implementation