12 months Contract
Randolph, MA 02368
Software Engineer for industrial software including digital valve positioners and level transmitters. Firmware engineers have an opportunity to work on all aspects of the embedded product including UI, industrial network, low level hardware drivers, diagnostics, and control algorithm. We work in an agile environment, and have deep expertise in delivering robust solutions with exceptional quality.
As a Software Engineer in embedded software, you will work to design and develop smarts software solutions and technologies for process automation industries. You will work in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline, fast-paced and global environment.
This position reports to the head of the New Products Introductions group (NPI).
As a Software Engineer in Firmware, you will:
• Lead the Design and Development of firmware for smart instruments including valve controller, process measurement and safety handling devices.
• Provide technical leadership in multi-national, cross-disciplinary teams to develop new products and sustain existing products
• Lead the implementation of best practices, and improvements to development processes, programming standards, and development environments including tool chain maintenance.
• Work on embedded control system.
• Provide Engineering support for product upgrade, issue resolution and customer support.
• Understand the business’ opportunities and marketing plan to drive technology solutions with software.
• Own the design and development of the software modules and systems and work with the developers in specific implementations.
• Work with other technical leaders to improve and refine platform/system/device
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science field from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in computer science, engineering, or IT field, or successful completion of a GE Leadership Program.
• Programming experience in C, C++
• Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science field from an accredited college or university
• Experience in device driver, RTOS and board bring-up.
• Working knowledge in software-hardware interface.
• Control systems knowledge
• Hardware aptitude
• Stringent development and programming practice, safety minded.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge in digital circuit and serial communication. Fieldbus, Control and Automation background a plus.
• Matlab/Simulink or National Instruments LabView Experience
If you have the above qualification and are available to look into this opportunity please send your updated resume along with your contact# and I will call you back to discuss further.