Duration: 3 months contract
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Work hours: First shift timings
• Utilize Inspection Standard Operating Procedures, Drawings, and Receiving Inspection Plans to perform quality inspections on consumable products, laser systems, subassemblies, and raw material.
• Execute Test Method Validation and Measurement System Analysis efforts
• Must be able to interface well with others, especially Production supervisions, Manufacturing Engineering and R&D Engineering
• Must have excellent data entry, technical writing, and documentation skills
• Must have familiarity wide variety of test equipment from CMM/Vision systems to simple handheld measurement tools.
• Follow established validation strategies so that all appropriate requirements are being met from planning, protocol definition, leading execution of protocol, analyzing and reporting results and defining procedures and training requirements, completing report and gaining approval to close
• Partner with engineering in selection of measurement equipment and fixture design ensuring appropriate accuracy and precision for processes to be measured
• Participate on problem-solving teams through root cause investigations and failure analysis to implementation and final verification
• Guide with inspection and testing techniques; read and interpret blueprints
• Focus on accuracy and detail to meet company quality standards.
• Utilize various measuring equipment to measure and collect data to determine component acceptance.
• Interface with Engineering, Quality, and Production Teammates to communicate quality standards and address issues in a timely manner.
• Required to work in cleanroom environment while performing consumable product Inspections.
Supervisory Duties: None
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
• Spectranetics’ Policies and Procedures
• Hand tools & wrenches
• Rulers and tape measures
• Dial thickness gauge
• Plug gauges
• Surface height indicator
• Digital and manual calipers
• Optical comparator
• Video inspection system
• Specialized jigs and fixtures
• OGP/MicroVu CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine)
• Ultrasonic cleaners
• Instron pull test equipment
• Digital multi-function meters
• Axentis Learning System
• Agile – Paperless collaboration system
• Oracle Manufacturing Module Computer System
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 1-2 years in Quality Control or Quality Assurance in electrical, mechanical, or aviation inspection or SPNC Manufacturing experience
• Knowledge and use of precision testing equipment and tools
• Computer abilities with web based systems
• Cleanroom Environment Experience (Preferred)
• Government Regulated Environment experience such as FDA or ISO (Preferred)