Client: Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.
Title: Technical Writer
Req #: 522728
Location: 5700 Lombardo Center, Ste 100, Seven Hills, OH 44131
Duration: 6 Months contract to hire
Shift Hours: 7.5 hrs per day, 5 days/week
· 3 years technical writing experience (REQUIRED)
· Robohelp (REQUIRED)
· Adobe Acrobat (REQUIRED)
· Adobe PageMaster (REQUIRED)
· FrontPage (REQUIRED)
· Paint Shop Pro (REQUIRED)
· Adobe Photoshop (REQUIRED)
· Microsoft Office (REQUIRED)
· Good knowledge of technology verbiage for documentation of procedures and directions for usage (REQUIRED)
· Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism or related field from an accredited college or university (Highly Desired)
· Technical and claims industry experience (Highly Desired)
To provide mentoring and support to other writers; to create and maintain software, technical, online and help systems documentation, reference and maintenance guides, Web pages, articles brochures and other information using diverse communication and publication methods; to create documentation for software release enhancements; and to ensure internal and external communication of pertinent enhancements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Leads and reviews output of other writers.
· Assists in the development of style and rules governing technical communications and documentation.
· Advises, assists and contributes to design and direction of technical communications and documentation within the department ensuring integrity, consistency and adherence to the corporate vision.
· Researches, writes, edits and maintains various forms of media regarding software enhancements, technical procedures, processes and other information; interprets highly-technical and intensive notes and transforms into user-friendly and easy-to-understand documentation.
· Writes technical communications and documentation involving discussions on subject matter with programmers and other experts to become more knowledgeable and familiar with company software and technology.
· Creates, edits and designs content for various Web sites - Internet, Intranet and Online Help.
· Contributes creative skills as needed for: 1) writing special interest and employee relations articles; 2) designing and creating brochures, guides, publications, internal and external communications, report samples, promotional materials; 3) graphic designs for illustrations, charts and photographs included in publications; and 4) other assignments as needed.
· Assists other departments with technology-related projects by writing, editing and reviewing creative materials as well as providing information and direction.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Supports the organization's quality program(s).
· Travels as required.
Education & Licensing:
· Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
· Three (3) years technical writing experience required. Technical and claims industry experience preferred particularly in RoboHelp, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe PageMaker, FrontPage, Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office.
Skills & Knowledge:
· Good knowledge of technology verbiage for documentation of procedures and directions for usage
· Strong communication skills including accurate spelling and use of the English language in both written and oral communications
· Good knowledge of how to locate and identify essential information
· Technical, analytical and interpretive skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Leadership skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Creative, innovative and detail oriented
· Ability to keep abreast of technical communications trends
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to perform multiple tasks and set priorities
· Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
APN Software Service INC