This position reports to Commercial Product Support, which supports the immunoassays on Siemens automated clinical analyzers. The candidate will spend the majority of their time working in a biochemical / clinical laboratory. The candidate will routinely handle human specimens. Typical duties include:
1. Participates in operating lab equipment and instruments.
2. Participates in recording test results and observations on standardized forms.
3. Supports compiling, analyzing, and interpreting of results.
4. Participates in making semi-complex calculations as well as preparing graphs and charts.
5. Builds buffers and assay reagents following standardized procedures.
6. Provides support in periodic semi-complex inspections of equipment and performs semi-complex preventative maintenance work.
7. Participates in troubleshooting semi-complex test processes.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of a BS/BA in a biological science, preferably biochemistry, clinical chemistry, biology, or chemistry. The candidate must have experience with Microsoft Excel and Word software. Knowledge of statistics is a plus.