Title: Investor Reporting Reconciliation Specialist/ Analyst
Location: Coral Gables, FL
Duration: 2 to 3 Months Contract
Ensure timely and accurate P&I custodial account reconciliations per designated guidelines. This position is frequently audited and highly complex with a focus on mitigating financial exposure if deadlines are missed or reconciling items are not cleared timely. This position requires independent thinking and a solid understanding of the industry and reporting requirements including Schedule/Schedule and Actual/Actual.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reconcile all P&I custodial accounts on a monthly basis (activity from servicing systems and other deposits to the bank account balance).
• Perform a Test of Expected P&I for all scheduled investors monthly.
• Clear or fund custodial account as required for prepayment interest shortfall and curtailment adjustments related to schedule/schedule remittances.
• Research and Resolve all reconciling items in the cash, actual or Test of Expected P&I each month.
• Clear reconciling items by requesting or preparing cash transfers or applying to the monthly file for the upload on items to be reported to the investor.
• Ensure all items identified in the reconciliation process are reported the following month in accordance with Investor guidelines.
• Assist other team members in the resolution of high level variances related to remittances.
• Participates in testing of servicing system upgrades/releases.
• Special projects as assigned by the Investor Reconciliation Supervisor/Manager.
• Intermediate level of analytical skill
• Must be familiar with MSP and Servicing Director
• Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access.
• Ability to understand the various loans that the organisation and the monetary impact on remittance being worked
• Must possess excellent verbal and written skills
• Must be detail oriented
• Ability to balance multiple competing priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Must possess working knowledge of mortgage loans, i.e.
a. How to amortize loans
b. Calculation of interest due on the various product types
c. Fixed and ARM loan specifications
d. Interpret Mortgage Documents
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting or 4 years investor reporting experience.
Physical Demands And Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send the updated resume to email@example.com
along with a best time and number to reach you.
Your prompt response is highly appreciated.
Thanks and have a blessed day ahead.
Thanks and Regards,
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-943-4054 / Fax 510-623-5055