Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Location: Rye Brook, NY 10573
Duration: 10 Months
Shift Hours: 8 hrs per day, 5 days/week
The Executive Assistant is responsible for a broad range of activities involving the timely and confidential performance of administrative duties including executive and Board of Directors support, travel/meeting coordination, project support and event planning. Responsibilities involve the development and application of constructive measures and appropriate solutions to procedural and administrative matters for global legal and compliance functions with more than 25 members. Work is performed under general supervision of the Senior Manager, Legal and Board Operations with evaluation based on overall effectiveness and accomplishment of assigned goals.
List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance:
· Identifies and executes, often in collaboration with others, process improvement, standardization and simplification initiatives for the Legal department.
· Provides high-level administrator support for legal department’s technology and data portals. This includes internet-based meeting programs, external counsel management systems, shared drives and websites. Will be responsible for providing innovative solutions consistent with creating efficient processes and leveraging department technology such as global procurement systems.
· Provides proactive process and administrative support by anticipating the needs of the Legal department. Serves as focal point in coordinating activities for the global legal department.
· Assists in coordination of schedules, locations and meeting proceedings for the Board of Director and its Committees.
· Assists in the development of agendas and materials for these meetings. Timely and accurately manages Board of Directors expenses and reimbursements.
· Preserves confidentiality and exercises discretion in communicating information within all levels of the organization, globally. Coordinates incoming and outgoing correspondence, documents, forms and routing documents according to office procedures and guidelines or by creating new distribution procedures where necessary. Responsible for appropriate follow-up of open projects/tasks to ensure that action items are completed and timelines are met.
· Proactively coordinates and plans meetings and web conferences for the Legal Department and; facilitates the success of meetings and web conferences by scheduling with appropriate departments, coordinating with participants and preparing agendas. Responsible for becoming proficient user of company teleconference technology and arranging support in advance as needed. Uses independent judgment regarding modifications or last-minute changes and coordinating or providing support during the meetings and web conferences.
· Exercises initiative and independent judgment in managing calendars/schedules and the daily activities of Xylem’s Legal professionals. Tracks office expenses and outside counsel expenses, making recommendations regarding expense management and completing expense reports as required. Coordinates and facilitates efficient, complex and cost-effective official travel for the Legal department.
· Provides back up support for the General Counsel and other Senior Leadership Team members as requested.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required
· 5-7+ years of administrative experience supporting the corporate Legal department of a publicly-traded company with a global scope.
· Strong communicator with presence, tact and diplomacy; comfortable working with executives, employees and external partners at various levels and from various geographies.
· Results-oriented and self-directed; ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity; embracing of change and technology. Proactive, high-energy self-starter who is adept at managing multiple projects with simultaneous time sensitive deadlines High degree of sensitively for confidentiality.
· Superior technology aptitude and advanced proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio , SharePoint and video conferencing.
· Position requires excellent judgment, discretion, and problem-solving skills, and the ability to interact with many country cultures and levels of the organization
· Maturity and ability to function independently and to work collaboratively.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.