Title: SAP Purchasing Consultant
Duration: 17 Months Contract
Location: Oak Brook, IL
Travel: This position requires someone who can travel at least 80%.
· The SAP Purchasing professional is responsible for the analysis, consultancy and configuration of the SAP materials management / purchasing area to meet the business needs of company.
· The SAP consultant supports the design and configuration of WM (warehouse management).
· The SAP consultant is also responsible for deploying a system that meets the business strategy across functional teams and executes testing and writes technical documentation.
· The SAP consultant communicates and coordinates with business management, project executives and team leads to insure appropriate integration of processes and modules across organization.
· The SAP consultant collaborates with the functional project manager, and division heads of assigned area, in an effort to support the business needs of the company.
Day to day activities include:
· Very clear communicator including end users
· 80-90% travel to plant and corporate locations
· Production Support/Defect Resolution related to purchasing
· Design/Build Enhancements/Reports supporting purchasing functionality
· Assist in Purchasing related unit testing, system integration testing and User acceptance testing using HP ALM.
· Purchasing Training Prep & Execution for End Users Purchasing Production Master Data Prep & Validation
Must have Skills & Experience:
· Requires 5+ years’ experience in SAP Purchasing and has participated/led SAP implementations.
· The SAP job requires a bachelor's degree in science, professional degree in engineering (computer/telecommunication), computer science/information technology or equivalent.
· The SAP consultant should have experience in SAP-related modules, must have the aptitude to interface the SAP WM module.
· The SAP consultant should be able to demonstrate ability to solve complex issues quickly and creatively.
· The SAP consultant should have strong and professional customer service skills with a confident approach and excellent communication skills.