Title: Mainframe Engineer (NTTJP00001886)
Duration: 0-18 months
Location: Houston, TX
Mainframe systems programmer for IBM z/OS (MVS) operating systems to support all aspects of product installation, task and software documentation, data set naming convention, installation process, data copy and migration techniques, coding, dynamic activation and interrelationships with other PARMLIB or APF library members, product administration, change/problem management, implementation techniques, and hot site disaster recovery exercise documentation and demonstration.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide level 2 and 3 technical support (install, customize, upgrade, administration, problem resolution, disaster recovery etc.).
- Demonstrated skills in working with Remedy Problem/Change Management Systems, including EMIT Incident Management process.
- On Call duty rotation every 6-8 weeks. Strong communication skills to prepare presentations for management and work with vendors.
- Will be part of an integrated support team of ~10 MVS technical experts.
- Self-starter and willingness to learn advanced MVS concepts via self-study and on the job training by experienced team members. Must be willing to learn and cross-train in other areas of MVS support
- capacity planning, security, third-party vendor software support.
- Experienced analyst who has at least 5 years of in-depth knowledge of IBM mainframe MVS software/hardware/operations/processes.
• 5+ years’ experience of supporting z/OS 2.2 in DB2 and SAP environment
• Performance monitoring using IBM’s SMF, RMF, Omegamon
• Knowledge of z/OSMF
• IBM’s SMP/E software products installation and maintenance utility process.
• IBM’s Job Control Language (JCL) and utility programs (i.e. IEBGENER) to maintain z/OS software products.
• TSO ISPF panels.
• IBM’s SDSF, DFSMS, RACF.