Xylem Inc. is a leading global water technology provider enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings. Our success is grounded in a proud heritage and history of more than 100 years of water technology leadership. The company does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands, and its people bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on finding local solutions to the world’s most challenging water and wastewater problems. Let’s work to make a difference. Let’s Solve Water.
This role will be based out of the Morton Grove, IL Office. Specifically, we are seeking a Technical Customer Service Coordinator:
· Coordinates with carriers and transportation companies the re-consignment of orders, tracks shipments and provides proof of delivery information to our internal Technical CSR’s.
· Enters all debit/credit adjustments needed to correct shipping errors or pricing issues.
· Serves as a back-up on the switchboard on an as needed basis.
· Assists in coding incoming parts orders to prepare for entry into the system.
· Other duties as assigned by Domestic Customer Service Supervisor and/or Manager.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Must have a working knowledge of order processing and basic office administrative duties, basic math and financial procedures.
· Should also have a basic knowledge of products, customers, pricing and logistics.
· Minimum of 1-3 years customer service experience preferably in a technical product line, B2B Preferred.
· Demonstrated customer advocacy skills:
o Ability to self-motivate and work independently
o Comfortable in a fast paced environment welcoming change and growth
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
o Experience working with CRM system (Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics) a plus
o A strong commitment to working with a team, providing excellent customer service, and maintaining professionalism is required
o Ability to process a high volume of transactions with proficiency, accuracy and integrity
o Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
o Effective verbal/written communication skills.
o Strong business acumen, organizational, time management skills and attention to detail required.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
· Two (2) years of college or technical schooling