Job Title – Qlikview Developer
Job Location – Buffalo Grove IL
Length – Contract (6 Months+)
The individual will be part of a team focused on the development of Qlik solutions.
The individual will be focused mainly on the analysis of business requirements, data source discovery, design, development, testing, and implementation of analytical reporting solutions using QlikView. Other activities will include providing support for existing QlikView applications and ad-hoc reporting data support for the business.
This position will also be responsible to provide project management and other general reporting support.
Effectiveness in this position will require understanding of analytical trends, BI tool capabilities & best practices, emerging productivity efficiencies, creative reporting solution design, and the ability to work independently.
This position will need to possess strong data analysis and interpersonal skills, business knowledge and be capable of effective relationships and negotiations between teams.
• Create QlikView applications interfacing with multiple applications and flat files, including data models, reports, interactive visualizations, and dashboards; while ensuring best practices are followed
• Design and configure the QlikView applications front-end calculations as per business requirements
• Collaborate and work with data analysts in various departments to ensure that data meets their reporting and analysis needs
• Develop custom code using Qlikview scripts
• Interpret business needs of stakeholders and develop analytical solutions
• Document and test work products and conduct data quality checks on a regular basis
• Develop in-depth understanding of data environment and leverages knowledge to build robust scalable solutions
• Work in partnership with BI team and business stakeholders to build and share knowledge, ensuring consistent delivery of information
• Working knowledge of analysis and reporting tools
• Work collaboratively within our team, the department, and the across the organization
• Experience with dashboard solutions
• Good written and oral communication
• Adhere to standards and best practices
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
• Solid business facing skills to gather and document requirements
• Ability to translate requirements into developed code
• Investigates problems to establish real or hidden causes
• Knowledge of formal database architecture and design
• Solve complex problems with creative solutions
• Places emphasis on client satisfaction and customer experience
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions.
APN Software Service INC