Job title – Operations Project Manager (Customer Service)
Job Location – Palo Alto CA
Length – Contract-To-Hire (12 Months)
· Project Manager - Customer Satisfaction/ Preliminary Commercial Launch
· Varian Medical Systems is looking for a project manager to join our New Product Introduction Project Management Team.
· The role for this PM to manage Customer Satisfaction Phase (CSP) processes.
· The CSP Project Manager is a critical part of the team driving the release of new advanced cancer treatment technologies that helps to save lives, and plays a very important role in ensuring our products meet the needs of our customers.
The Customer Satisfaction Phase project manager will have responsibility for managing the Customer Satisfaction Phase of major new product releases. This phase of Varian’s product release effort involves a limited number of shipments/installations to a select few customers. As part of this phase The CSP PM leads a cross functional team to assess the readiness of the organization for full product launch. As part of this effort the PM will be managing site selection, site team creation, prerequisite verification, Customer preparation and communication, as well as the overall schedule and execution of the CSP project. Once product installations begin, the responsibilities expand to take on managing the feedback collection and triage effort. This includes participating in sessions with customers to collect feedback, as well as managing internal triage sessions and resolution efforts. The team supporting the process includes product management, applications, engineering, service operations, customer training, and help desk teams. As part of these efforts the CSP PM will be collecting and reporting metrics on product quality, design issues, customer complaints and suggestions. This includes conducting customer satisfaction surveys. This content is reported out to the director level of the engineer and marketing/product management and service organizations as part of a periodic status update for the Customer Satisfaction Phase.
· The CSP PM role will be responsible 2-4 CSP projects per year.
· The CSP projects will include major product launches of Varian’s
External Beam radiation therapy devices, as well as major releases of Varian’s Treatment planning products.
· These projects will run 6- 9 months in duration.
· Multiple projects may run concurrently.
This position is best suited to individuals with clinical experience or product management experience in the medical devices marketing, specific Oncology/ cancer therapy. Experience in project management is a must. This role is a great way to way to join the Varian team gain exposure to Varian’s product family and it offeres a broad exposure to the business and significant interaction with engineering, product management, and service operations teams. This is a matrix role crossing functional lines and success is dependent on influence and determination in an ambiguous environment, leadership strength bridging gaps in the organization, and effective stakeholder and resource management.
Objectives of the role
- Develop a strong understanding of the Customer Satisfaction Phase (CSP) process, and work to develop/release process documentation and provide global training
- Lead CSP events globally – through all phases of the process and ensuring that stakeholders, and the management team have a good and comparable perspective of the product quality and Varian’s readiness to ramp deployment of the new release.
- Develop systematic tools for capturing and reporting product quality and readiness for launch.
- Gain a working understanding for Varian’s major products and applications
- Gain a strong understand for the PLC, and for each NPI project, identify and understand specific deliverables for product launch in the areas of commercialization, service operations, and manufacturing.
- Establish partnerships with stakeholders to build support, secure resource allocations, and ensure alignment for project deliverables and schedule commitments. For each project, develop a project plan. Identify risks to project success & create and utilize mitigation plans.
- Quickly gain a strong understanding of Varian’s PLC, product release processes, requirements, and manufacturing requirements
- Articulate the major requirements of a CSP, identifying primary tracks of work across all functional groups for each program.
- Develop project specific stakeholder analysis to ensure sponsorship of project goals
- Create project communication strategy to facilitate information sharing at all levels.
Basic Background Requirements
- BA/BS in engineering or sciences discipline; 2-4 years of experience as a clinician or product manager.
- 1-3 years of experience as an operations manager or project manager in a customer service role
- Experience in product launches or new product introduction development efforts.
- Proven experience managing multiple assignments/projects simultaneously with a track record of quality delivery and successful completion
- Comfortable using project management tools and methodologies
- Possesses high level of accountability and ownership; and is able to work with minimal supervision and guidance
- Thrives in matrix organizations, and has a track record from bring order to ambiguity
- Clinical or product management experience in the Oncology/Cancer therapy market
- Some experience with product management and/or product launches
APN Software Service INC