Position: Utility Technician
Location: Tampa, FL 33610
Duration – 12+ months (Possible extension)
Job Code - 525484
Plans and organizes the work related to the new construction, installation and/or maintenance of gas distribution systems, and/or residential, commercial and industrial metering equipment.
Plans and organizes the work related to the new construction, installation and/or maintenance of gas distribution systems, and/or residential, commercial and industrial metering equipment. Ensures the safety of employees, customers, and contractors through team member/contractor training, oversight, and job site inspections.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assess, plan and coordinate the material, equipment and manpower resources required for completion of residential, commercial or industrial gas distribution jobs.
· Plan and schedule own work and the work of others.
· Estimate and analyze construction costs.
· Plan the restoration of job sites to prior condition.
· Inspect the work of outside contractors.
· Provide instruction, training and work review to other employees as needed.
· Perform and/or oversee maintenance and new construction of regulator stations and district gate stations and/or distribution/transmission mains and services.
· May oversee response to natural gas emergencies.
· Based on operational needs, performs duties of the Utility Technician.
· Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Frequent interaction with Division Office personnel.
Interaction outside the Company is mostly with customers, contractors, developers, other utilities, governmental agencies, vendors and members of the general public. Communicates with PSC, builders, inspectors and contractors in a professional and courteous manner
High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
Valid Florida Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record; a CDL may be required with certain positions/assignments.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a PGS Senior Utility Technician; or a minimum of five (5) years of natural gas utility experience performing the same duties and responsibilities of this position. Experience must consist of progressively more complex work assignments and utilizing leadership skills in providing guidance and assessment of team members’ work processes.
· Must have proven job efficiency at a PGS Senior Utility Technician level. Must understand basic map reading, be able to operate a computer, make reports and complete sketches; must know how to operate communication devices, power tools and equipment appropriate to the position/assignment. Must be able to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide, decimals, fractions, basic algebra and geometry). Must have thorough knowledge of gas distribution practices, standard of pressure and gas quality, and understand the danger inherent in low pressures and the failure of pressure regulatory equipment to maintain a standard of gas quality; must have working knowledge of all municipal, county and local codes.
· Must have the ability to follow complex oral and written instructions; must possess good judgment and be willing and able to perform in emergency situations; must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in an effective, professional and courteous manner with outside customers and all levels of employees and demonstrate leadership qualities.
Must be able to work emergency response overtime, including call-out duty, as business needs dictate; Overtime includes work on weekends, holidays and call-out and stand-by schedule on a rotating basis; Must be able to respond to gas emergencies and/or business needs within divisional guidelines and required time frame; Must be able to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ REQUIREMENTS:
· Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment for work assigned.
· Must be able to pass a pulmonary function test for use of respiratory equipment.
· Must be able to ascend/descend ladders, stairs and the like using feet, legs, hands and arms.
· Must be able to maintain balance when walking, standing, or crouching, on/in narrow or slippery surfaces and/or spaces.
· Must be able to independently operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner.
· Must be able to independently enter/exit a motor vehicle as required during an eight hour shift.
· Must be able to bend and/or stoop requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
· Must be able to kneel and or crouch by bending legs at knees to come to rest at knees and bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
· Must be able to walk, stand or sit for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to grasp/handle small hand tools and other objects by applying pressure with fingers and palms.
· Must be able to work primarily with fingers (pinching, picking, etc.) rather than using the whole hand or arm.
· Must be able to pull, push, lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 lbs.
· Must have vision correctable to 20/40.
· Must not have an average hearing loss greater than 40 decibels in the better ear at frequencies of 500, 1000 and 2000 with or without a hearing aid.
· Must be able to smell gas odorant in normal concentrations.
· Must be able to perform repetitive motions by extending arms and hands in any direction with substantial movement of wrists, hands and fingers.
· Must be able to rotate and revolve body (twist) as to face in another direction.
· Must be physically capable of indoor/outdoor manual labor.
Thanks & Regards,
Sr. Technical Recruiter
APN Software Services, Inc
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark , CA 94560