Position : Metrology Technician
Location : Colorado Springs CO
Duration : 3+ Months with possible extension
As a Temporary Metrology Technician you will have the opportunity to independently test, calibrate, and repair electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards. Assure compliance of Spectranetics internal and external testing in regard to regulatory and company requirements. We will be evaluating, developing, establishing and maintaining calibration methodologies, systems, and practices which meet world class standards.
What You Will Learn: We attract, retain, and train the best talent on the planet. This means you will be working with a great team of dedicated experts in your field. Spectranetics is dedicated to the development and growth of our Teammates, through mentoring, job broadening opportunities, and formal training. You will work with cutting edge products and technology improving your own expertise in the medical device field.
What You Will Become: You will become a high influencer who can build and support a world class metrology function by providing intelligence, discipline, problem solving, collaboration and dedication.
What Success Looks Like: You will have the opportunity to execute a comprehensive calibration plan for the company and be responsible for the calibration of electronic and physical/dimensional measuring and test equipment to technical specifications, maintaining traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
• Conduct physical calibrations such as, but not limited, to calipers, micrometers, torque tools, ovens, temperature controllers, gage blocks, surface plates, pressure gages, scales, and force gages
• Test, calibrate, and certify instrumentation.
• Plan, coordinate, and expedite daily calibration projects
• Coordinate with internal customers and external service providers
• Development of calibration procedures and methods so support specifications, blueprints, drawings, and other technical requirements.
• Maintain detailed records of all calibration work performed, write reports, and generate calibration certificates.
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
• Basic office equipment
• Microsoft products
• PC Computer
• Fluke Met/Team
• Bachelors of Science or at least two years of experience in the field
• Air Force PMEL training highly preferred
• Excellent computer skills
• Experience with Fluke Met/Team a plus
• Technical/Analytical Minded
• Strong understanding of technical writing
• Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
• Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management.
• Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
• Strong attention to detail required
• Comfortable in fast pace, high demand environment
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Visual acuity necessary to do the job safely and effectively.
• 2nd Shift and on-call as needed
Please send me your updated copy of resume along with the best number to reach you ASAP.
APN Software Services, Inc.
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560