Title: Food Chemistry Technician
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Duration: 6 Months Contract
Tax Term: W2
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."
Performs analytical measurements and collaborates on design/development of analytical methods/experimental protocol as required to support R&D platform research.
• Responsible for the use and application of a variety of analytical instrumentation to support food product and process development. Specific instrumentation to include GC-MS, GC-FID, HPLC, and various other analytical techniques related to food. Knowledge with MassHunter and Agilent equipment a plus.
• Responsible for recipe prototyping and collaboration on experimental protocols related to cocoa research
• Demonstrates knowledge and lab skills necessary to critically read and perform documented analytical procedures. Implements appropriate method modifications as required.
• Works with Scientist(s) in the development and validation of new analytical methods.
• Conducts additional laboratory procedures (analytical / standard preparation / sample preparation / shelf life protocol) depending on project demands as directed by an Scientist.
• Frequently resolves and/or notes inconsistent or atypical results in an independent manner or with minimal supervisor assistance.
• Evaluates ongoing project laboratory needs on a daily basis. Schedules time and general-use lab equipment to meet project timelines.
• Maintains documentation of analytical results in a company issued notebook.
• Maintains laboratory equipment and necessary supplies (e.g. instrumentation, chemicals, solvents, gases, glassware).
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge:
• An understanding of the key scientific principles associated with food systems. - In conjunction with a general knowledge of food science and chemistry, in-depth knowledge of a "broad base" of analytical techniques
• Excellent practical laboratory skills. Ability to troubleshoot and maintain complex analytical instrumentation.
• Knowledge and skill in the use of the following: Computers, Microsoft Office, and Data Acquisition software (i.e. HP Chemstation, MassHunter).
• Good organizational skills to adapt to fluctuating workloads while maintaining appropriate attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to follow established laboratory safety procedures, to maintain accurate records, and to clearly and accurately read and write and transcribe data and analytical chemistry literature.
• Good communications skills – verbal and written communication.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
• Understanding of Good Laboratory Practices
• Knowledge in the use and troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation
• 0-3 years experience in a technical field within the food chemistry industry
• Education – B.S. degree in Chemistry, Food Science, or related field (e.g. Plant Science, Biology) is required.
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send the updated resume to email@example.com
along with a best time and number to reach you.
Your prompt response is highly appreciated.
Thanks and have a blessed day ahead.
Thanks and Regards,
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-943-4054/ Fax 510-623-5055