Location: Austin TX
Duration: 9 Months
Looking for a Software Development Senior Engineer as a contingent worker role to join a team responsible for digital based service delivery.
This role will be working on RTS + 0 platform BIOS service enablement and sustaining so customer can order different configuration of BIOS options.
- Strong scripting and programming knowledge and experience – especially in Python (but also scripting with DOS batch files, Java scripts, Perl, shell, and VB, and also SQL, XML, and programming languages).
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, both client and enterprise systems, x86 based Legacy and UEFI BIOSes. Along with diagnostics and factory tools run from the UEFI Shell. Working knowledge on firmware tools on different peripherals.
- Enterprise level troubleshooting.
- Expertise with client operating systems including Win7, Win 10, WinPE and Linux.
- Expertise with enterprise operating systems including Windows 2008, Windows 2016 and Linux.
- Working knowledge of imaging tools including Ghost, Image-X.
- Experience with MS Visual Studio and VSS/source control methods.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies a strong plus.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server(TFS)
- MS Build experience would also be a plus.
- Graduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience or - Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience
Preferred skills are:
- Experience in customer support, technical leadership, IT - Bachelors degree in engineering, IT - Technical Professional Certification (MCSD, MCSE, Linux, etc)
- Proven track record of process improvement or BPI certification - Subject matter expertise in software architecture and design. - Experience in a Factory Deployment environment.