Title: Sr. IT Software Development Specialist
Location: Dublin, OH
Duration: 6 Months
Shift Hours: 8 hrs per day, 5 days/week
To develop, maintain, test and debug software to meet generally defined requirements in a Windows client/server environment utilizing software development languages/environments such as PL/SQL, Oracle, Progress 4 GL Application Development Environment (ADE), .Net, Microsoft SQL, or other platforms; to formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding for the purpose of developing or modifying moderately complex information systems; to prepare detailed specification from which programs will be written; and to design, code, test, debug, document and maintain programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Becomes familiar with most aspects of the application including reports, parameters, claims management, intake services, carrier/client interfaces and vendor/business partner interfaces.
· Analyzes user needs as required; assists in the design of specifications to meet end user needs.
· Develops and modifies software to meet the specifications outlined in data processing requests.
· Develops and maintains software to meet requirements of insurance carrier and regulatory groups.
· Tests and debugs assigned projects; assists in testing projects for other members of the programming staff.
· Prepares documentation on new or existing software.
· Investigates call escalations from the support staff; makes the necessary corrections to data and/or software.
· Assists in the professional growth of programmers.
· Follows departmental pre-established standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development.
· Adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to our clients.
· Keeps abreast of software development language revisions and technology advances.
Additional Functions and Responsibilities:
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing:
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required. Information Systems or Computer Science major preferred.
· Six (6) years of language development in a relevant and applicable language and/or business analytical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Proven experience in interpreting user requirements, business applications design, and development of business applications strongly preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
· Strong knowledge of language development and applications design
· Analytical and interpretive skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Hearing, vision and talking
Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.