Role : Data Analyst
Duration : 3+ months
Location : Redwood City,CA / Broomfield, CO
Candidates local to either Broomfield or Redwood City only.
Assist with the development and implementation of data analysis and the data management processes. This position will be heavily involved in implementing of data quality, data governance, and data stewardship techniques to provide efficient, transparent, standard management reporting across all lines of business. This position will be responsible for driving analytics and reporting around sales and profitability to provide sound data that management can use to establish strategic growth initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partner lines of business, and marketing to ensure alignment of data reporting and analytical development with the business line strategy.
• Aid in the design, development and analytic implementation of enterprise analytics to improve business efficiency, operations, and financial analysis
• Develop processes with subject matters experts to determine reporting needs.
• Create data visualizations that convey accurate and relevant analysis to technical and non-technical audiences including high level decision makers.
• Assist in determining the meaning of the data and how a business unit can apply it to improve its processes.
• Document the types and structure of the business data (logical modeling).
• Assist with the creation of dashboard reports tailored to job roles or department preferences.
• Work with DBA on structuring, mapping, validating and harmonizing the data so that it can be used for reporting needs.
• Familiar with business intelligence strategies and architecture solutions
• Excellent communication, leadership and collaboration skills
• Solid project management foundation and understanding
• Advanced decision making and problem solving skills
• Advanced understanding of data gathering, inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling techniques
• Ability to discover useful information, suggest conclusions, and support decision making from large disparate data sets