Duration: 0-9 months
Location: Round Rock, TX 78682 (Candidates must be local.)
Infrastructure Solutions Group in Austin, TX is looking for a talented Mechanical CAD Designer / Engineer for the development of the Enterprise Server/Storage portfolio of products. Candidates will assist in the development of innovative mechanical design solutions for enterprise class server/storage products utilizing state-of-the-art CAD and analysis tools. Candidates will develop and document parts and assemblies, coordinate validation testing for new and modified Server/Storage product designs.
- Design of sheet metal chassis/enclosures including internal structure/peripherals.
- Develops and applies specialized knowledge within design and testing.
- Knowledge of related industry considerations.
- Demonstrates an understanding and ability in utilizing systems, tools and procedures to ensure robust designs and accurate test results.
- Builds deeper understanding of processes, procedures, customers and organization.
- Assists program or process development and implementation.
- Coordinates activities and validation processes.
- Takes responsibility for understanding requirements and executes within a "teaming" environment.
- Experience in Chassis design; 3-5+ years of relevant experience; Mechanical Design / Engineering degree is a bonus.
- Mechanical aptitude for interpretation of mechanical drawing specifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing-driven design issues.
- Thorough ability to read/understand complex drawings and 3D databases.
- Ability to analyze options and make decisions for critical design features.
- Experienced in using Pro-E CAD applications.
- Working ability in reading and understanding technical data sheets.
- Good communication skills.
***Heavy focus on enterprise server/storage products.