Title: Senior Engineer
Req #: 558527
Location: Apollo Beach, FL 33572
Duration: 6 months CTH
NOTES FROM THE MANAGER:
- Carrier Ethernet Experience (MUST HAVE)
- DWDM Design & Implementation (MUST HAVE)
- BSEE (MUST HAVE)
- Telecom Broadband Engineering Experience (MUST HAVE)
- Electrical/Energy/Utility Background – Duke Energy etc. (Highly Desired)
The Engineer II to Senior Engineer position is responsible for project engineering, planning, coordination, and budgeting as it applies to telecommunications transmission/radio systems.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Working overtime including nights, weekends and holidays may be required.
- “On Call” availability as needed for 24/7/365 system outages and emergency preparedness.
- Must be willing and able to do site visits.
- Local travel required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENCES/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an EAC/ABET accredited institution.
- Minimum of four (4) years of direct work experience related to short-term and long-term telecommunications network planning to include the installation and testing of fiber optic systems and microwave radio systems.
- Valid driver license and a good driving record.
- Carrier Ethernet Certificate (i.e., MEF-CECP).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an EAC/ABET accredited institution is strongly preferred.
- Successfully completed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and has certificate.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Eight or more years of direct work experience performing the Duties & Responsibilities of this position, over the minimum required, is strongly preferred.
- Working experience with Ethernet (Ethernet over SONET, Carrier Ethernet, Layer 3 Routing)
- Experience in T1 networking, broadband transport equipment (SONET and IP Networks), DC battery systems, and microwave radio systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of advanced networking systems to include integrations with substations, power plants and IT resources into a common communications network.
- Knowledge of telecommunications network planning to include the installation and testing of fiber optic systems and microwave radio systems.
- Experience in working on the following systems preferred: Cisco SONET (ONS) equipment, Harris and Alcatel Microwave Radio Systems.
- Utility telecommunications, NERC experience related to utility industry, and outside plant construction experience also preferred.
- Business experience working with ILEC and LEC companies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have strong project management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple engineering projects, while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills required for the efficient and timely documentation and maintenance of projects.
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities and possess good judgment with the ability to analyze and resolve problems logically as they pertain to the Telecommunications transmission network.
- Knowledge of engineering procedures and of the specific procedures related to an engineering specialty.
APN Software Service INC