Job title - IT Project Manager 4
Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: 3 Months+
Viavi Solutions has been pioneering solutions to enhance communication technologies for almost 100 years.
We help our customers around the world optimize and maintain many of the world’s largest and most complex networks.
Behind all the data that moves around the globe, are Viavi employees that see the big picture and who can untangle the complexities of global networks. Our employees are also at the forefront of optical security
– we bend light to develop and deliver optical solutions that provide security to the world’s currencies and safety and performance applications for consumer electronics and spectrometry.
This is what Viavi employees are called to do on a daily basis.
In order to best enable our customers’ success, we rely on people who see opportunity where others see challenges; people who enjoy collaborating with a diverse range of peers and look for workarounds when their first (or second) attempts don’t work. Come work with us, where we’ll celebrate your unique expertise, drive and passion.
As a Program Manager you are a key member of the PMO team, with responsibility for execution of high impact / strategic Development Programs through the Product Lifecycle (PLC) from Program Initiation through General Availability.
• Accountability for overall business success of assigned New Product Development Programs (Schedule execution, Content, Quality and Financials)
• Work with Functional Managers to ensure resources are available and assigned to the Team
• Develop and maintain an integrated program plan and schedule with Cross Functional Core Team
• Lead the Core Team in managing and tracking program progress, including making tradeoff decisions to achieve Program objectives within a set of constraints defined by Senior Functional Management
• Drive fast resolution of barriers and issues with the Core Teams by elevating to appropriate level of Management for fast decision making
• Proactive Risk Management through risk identification and development of risk mitigation plans with the Core Team
• Provide all necessary management reporting and reviews for the Program
• Recommend to Senior Functional Management the continued investment or closure of the Program based on projected business results
This influential role requires a BS/MS degree or equivalent with 5+ years experience in program/project management.
Prefer a candidate that has been involved in a high tech, complex HW and SW development environments.
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent leadership, communications and influencing skills
• Leadership experience within a global matrix management organization
• Experience managing or operating within X-functional, multi-discipline teams
• Deep understanding of Product Development Lifecycle from Concept through to Launch/Shipment
• Proven Track record of delivering results versus goals and objectives
• Strong business acumen; Understanding of key Financial metrics & levers
• Broad knowledge of Business Strategy and Customers/Market
• A proactive approach to risk management and continuous process improvement
• Deep knowledge of hardware new product introduction and dealing with NEM's and Manufacturing bodies for Hardware.
• Can operate in both an Agile and Waterfall based development environment
• MS Project knowledge
• MS Office proficient
• Proficient in a Product Lifecycle Management tool such as Oracle’s Agile PLM
• Proficient with Agile project tracking tools such as Jira
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Demonstrated root cause analysis / process improvement training; eg 6 sigma / CMMI
APN Software Service INC