Title: Quality Inspector I/ Receiving Inspection
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Duration: 12 Months Contract
Shift: 6.00am till 2.30 pm (1st shift)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to performing a wide range of inspection, testing, and auditing in support of Manufacturing Operations and New Product Development.
This requires knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Quality System Regulations, various inspection methods, metrology and calibration fundamentals, sampling principals, and fundamental statistical methods.
Inspector is required to perform inspections of parts and sub-assemblies, using close tolerances and inspection equipment.
Qualifications / Responsibilities:
· Ability to read, engineering drawings, product specifications, receiving inspection plans, and test procedures.
· Perform visual, dimensional, and functional inspections on consumable products, laser systems, subassemblies, fixtures, and raw material.
· Understand Zero Acceptance Sampling Plans using AQL sampling and 100% inspection.
· Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and inspection techniques.
· Familiar with coordinate measuring machine (CMM).
· Utilize various measuring equipment to determine component acceptance.
· Perform First Article Inspections; gathering data and submitting reports.
· Review DHRs and LHRs for Good Documentation Practices.
· Interface with Engineering, Quality, and Production Teammates to communicate quality standards and address issues in a timely manner.
· Control nonconforming material and assist in release of quarantine product; which includes: creating, verifying, and closing nonconforming reports.
· Successfully work in and promote a team oriented environment; reduce work area distractions.
Equipment and Systems Used:
· Video micrometer
· Pin gauges
· Surface height indicator
· Digital and manual calipers
· Optical comparator
· Video inspection system
· Laser energy meters
· Optical alignment fixtures
· MicroVu CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine)
· OGP CMM
· Instron pull test equipment
· Digital multi-function meters
· Computer based Learning System
· Agile documentation system
· Oracle Applications
Education / Skills:
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· 1-2 years’ experience in Quality Control Inspection
· Ability to lift and work with parts or sub-assemblies weighing up to 50lbs
· Strong computer abilities; web based systems, Microsoft Office, Material and Document Control Software
· IPC 610 and IPC 620 Certifications (desired)
· Knowledge of FDA Regulations and Guidelines (desired)
· Functional & Technical Skills – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, and product.
· Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
· Action Oriented- Enjoys working hard, is action oriented and full of energy, seizes more opportunities than others.
· Informing – Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
· Teamwork- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; works cooperatively and collaboratively with others to achieve collective goals.
Desired Special Requirements:
Medical Device Experience
Cleanroom or Controlled Environment Experience
Government Regulated Environment experience such as FDA, FAA or ISO
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please send the updated resume to email@example.com
along with a best time and number to reach you.
Your prompt response is highly appreciated.
Thanks and have a blessed day ahead.
Thanks and Regards,
39899 Balentine Drive, Suite 385, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: 510-943-4054 / Fax 510-623-5055