OSP Engineer I
Location: Tampa FL 33607
Duration: 3-6 months + contract
Specific requirements of the position include:
• Engineering design for outside plant projects, including estimating work order projects to add fiber strands to existing terminals, add new terminals, or add new splitters to existing fiber distribution hubs.
• Management of the engineering queue (Endeavor DPI LFL-stage) for customer service order and delayed order requests.
• Creation of projects in Infinium for justification and handling of major material (splitters and terminals).
• Preparation of project approval justifications and EWOP documents uploading into Varasset.
• Communication with all peers and departments to ensure proper project planning and completion.
• Maintaining of accurate cable records and updates.
• Management of the Florida red-line closing queue in Varasset to close projects and updating Endeavor DPI and FROGS (GIS) records per construction as-built prints.
• Referrals to turf engineers for new facilities when network extension is not readily accessible by terminal or fiber strand.
• Resolution and response to MC-ONT/SFU-ONT migration requests.
• Resolution and response to Engineering related SIFT tickets and preparation of SIFT reports.
• Running of NGS QPort reports to monitor splitter threshold capacity.
• Quarterly forecast of splitter material in Prophet.
• Maintaining of Greenfield property list and reports.
• Requesting of CO jumpers and maintenance of OLT, FFDF, and EDFA equipment spreadsheets.
• Responding to splitter add or CO jumper requests for engineering hi-cap SES GPON projects.
• Assisting field network or CO technicians with fiber jumper records or with service order jeopardy.
• Bridged-tap and load removals for DSL service orders.
• Preparation of pseudo network for test hubs and CO test carts.
• Providing resolution for OLT bandwidth congestion, hub splitter port consolidation, and vacating of disconnected splitter ports.