Aperia is unlocking a new era of efficiency & profitability for commercial vehicle fleets, by developing innovative hardware & analytics solutions. Inventors of the award-winning Halo Automatic Tire Inflator, Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of down-time every week and reduces the environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the backbone of our economy into the automation age.
We are seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to drive quality thru all aspects of our organization. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations and works primarily in the Aperia main offices in Burlingame, but also spends time at our manufacturing facility in San Leandro and our fulfillment partner in Milpitas.
- Develop, Implement, and Improve the Quality Management System with Aperia Management
- Monitor, Report & Improve all aspects of Quality within the Organization
- Represent Quality throughout the Organization
- Manage Defect Data collection (supplier, internal, field, returns); Drive Root Cause & Corrective Action; Present Corporate Product Quality Metrics
- Plan, Execute, Document & Report all Quality Audits
- Key team member for New Product Introduction and Manufacturing Process Development
- Assist with developing Aperia QMS, GMP, ISO and TS16949 Procedures; Keep current with Quality Regulations and Industry Standards
- BS Degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience with increasing responsibilities
- Quality systems expert, familiar with TS16949, PPAP, APQP, FAI, and ISO 9001
- Must be comfortable leading audits (supplier, internal, process), generating audit reports, and driving the necessary corrective actions to closure
- Expert in SPC and data analysis
- Familiarity with injection molding, stamping, casting, and machined parts is preferred
- Must have outstanding communication skills
- Must have working experience with ERP/MRP, PLM, & Quality Management systems
- Should strive daily for continuous improvement to achieve operational efficiencies
- Must work flawlessly in a team environment with materials, suppliers, engineering, & sales
- Must be able to work independently; Experience managing others is preferred
- Must have experience in a fast paced, dynamic, start-up environment
- Able to travel internationally up to 10%
- Must be able to provide proof of legal right to work in the United States upon hire.
- Must have solid work references.