We are seeking a Field Technical Operations Manager to support our customers by leading Aperia’s field technical operations team. We are searching for a candidate capable of managing a team of technicians as well as service provider partners to provide product deployment support and on-site product support. The ideal candidate will have a strong background of project and team management skills.
- Manages day to day field technical operations:
- Leads the coordination of field technical activities including installation, implementation, repair, preventative maintenance, and engineering change upgrades.
- Collecting and analyzing failure information from customers.
- Monitors resolution of RMA and Service cases impacting Key Customers.
- Schedules personnel responding to critical situations.
- Ensures records and systems are maintained.
- Manages process controls and standardization of field technical activities.
- Provides direct oversight of daily activities of team and field service suppliers. Develops and implements process improvements to field technical operations, including tool implementation.
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce.
- Responsible for coaching/mentoring, career development/planning, performance and compensation of team members.
- Leads the successful collaboration and reporting of field technical operations with/to other Aperia functions:
- Leads communication with Sales, Engineering and Product Management in resolving field/customer problems.
- Ensures product issues are appropriately and effectively escalated to Product Management and Engineering. Drives product enhancement to improve product safety, reliability, and usability.
- Leads collaborations with Marketing and Product Development teams in order to gather client, market, and competitive intelligence.
- Develops, reports and presents metrics to educate the Leadership Team and other Aperia functions on field technical/customer and product reliability matters.
- Support needs of key commercial and technical stake holders, and to efficiently managing resources to meet diverse objectives.
- Sets strategy, goals, and metrics for field technical operations activities.
- Coordinates/delivers internal and external training and service readiness for new products, programs, and special projects.
- Represents field technical operations to customers, sales, and operations.
- Undergraduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience. MBA or MS a strong plus.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to aggregate data, draw conclusions and implement solutions.
- 3+ years management experience, prior field operations experience preferred. Must have extensive experience managing customer relationships & communication
- Self-starter, ability to multi task and drive results.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional communications skills and ability to engage with customers, staff, peers and the Leadership Team. Exceeds in presenting to customer and internal leadership.
- Strong Computer Skills - Requires proficient use of Microsoft Office and relevant business systems tools
- Expected travel requirement of 25%-50% over time.
If you are a talented and passionate Field Technical Operations Services Manager ready to take on a challenging position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
. Please include the title of the job you are applying for in the subject of your email.