Aperia is unlocking a new era of efficiency & profitability for commercial vehicle fleets, by developing innovative hardware & analytics solutions. Inventors of the award-winning Halo™ Automatic Tire Inflator, Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of down-time every week and reduces the environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the “backbone of our economy” into the automation age.
We are searching for a Hardware Design Engineer to be a key member of our Next Generation Halo™ product development team. As a Design Engineer, you will develop mass produced Automotive IoT hardware, control systems, enclosures, and actuators and will own your products/product elements from concept to production.
- Work with Product Management & Marketing to identify product requirements for vehicle IoT systems.
- Develop user-friendly & robust (SAE J1455 & ISO 16750) device designs suitable for complex commercial vehicle use-cases.
- Specify & integrate custom motors/generators, solenoid valves, motor/gen/actuator controls, RF/cellular communications, GPS modules, J1939 CAN communications, and a myriad of sensors to cost effectively achieve challenging functional requirements.
- Support development of device-device and device-cloud interface API's.
- Provide engineering direction to external development partners and integrate their designs into your products.
- Verify designs during early development using CAE thermal and structural analysis.
- Write & approve Hardware verification test plans; work with test team to execute testing through EVT/DVT/PVT.
- Select & implement appropriate connectors and wire harness solutions to meet commercial vehicle electrical requirements.
- Mentor peers, develop mechatronics engineering best practices, and spec/deploy mechatronics development tools.
- Build & maintain a small Electronics Lab for R&D use.
Who you are
- 4 - 10 years of experience developing mechatronic systems for mass production.
- Dual degree in Electrical & Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent "on the job" training.
- You have seen the full automotive product development process from concept through production.
- Breadth of actuator, sensor, RF communications, CAN protocol, and control systems knowledge.
- Experience developing AWS infrastructure for IoT applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PCBA layout best practices.
- Strong programming skills in Python/Matlab, C++.
- Experience with Sub-Gigahertz TPMS RF Protocols.
- Proficient with Solidworks CAD software.
- Excellent communicator with demonstrated ability to lead complex projects and teams.
- Half mile from Millbrae BART/Caltrain (and we cover your public transportation costs)
- Full suite of benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k, etc)
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Machine shop for your personal use
- Great team!