Aperia is unlocking a new era of efficiency & profitability for commercial vehicle fleets, by developing innovative hardware & analytics solutions. Inventors of the award-winning Halo™ Automatic Tire Inflator, Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of down-time every week and reduces the environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the “backbone of our economy” into the automation age.
We are searching for a Product Engineer to lead the Engineering Development of the Halo™ Tire Inflator as we scale our product offering and continue to unlock gains in fleet efficiency. As Product Engineer, you will work closely with Product Management, Marketing, Field Operations, and Mfg/Supply-Chain to understand key areas for product improvement, and to plan and deliver innovative designs to achieve maximum company and customer value.
- Identify High-Value Opportunities – identify opportunities for improvement in product quality, DFM/A, field performance, and general customer satisfaction based on your analysis of performance data, warranty data, and how the product is built/QC’d/delivered/used.
- Improve Product Requirements – research the customer application and identify/escalate product requirement gaps & conflicts; work with Product Management to close gaps.
- Analyze change requests - Perform feasibility & impact studies on ECR’s, and develop implementation plans which include budget, timeline, and resource estimates.
- Develop Components & Assy’s - use Solidworks CAD/simulation & engineering analysis tools to develop, verify, & implement injection molded, die-cast, stamped, & machined part designs with support as needed from internal & external CAD/detailing, testing, and CAE resources.
- Optimize Design Economics – apply extensive knowledge of DFM/A and stakeholder needs to ensure designs are easy to manufacture by Aperia’s supply-chain, and are cost effective, reliable, and have built-in quality.
- Champion strong communication & collaboration – drive good design reviews, cross-functional communication, and stakeholder buy-in as designs are progressed through the development process.
- Validate Designs – plan and drive execution of EP/EVT/DVT/PVT product tests (DVP&R).
- Release Designs – Build and release ECO’s in Arena PLM, following Aperia release best practices & policies.
- Qualify Designs for Production – work with suppliers and Aperia personnel to ensure successful PPAP of components & assy’s.
- Improve Enterprise Efficiency – support and inform the development of technical infrastructure to manage complexity and improve efficiency as the company grows.
Who You Are
- 4 - 10 years of direct experience designing & launching mass produced injection molded, die-cast, sheet-metal, and machined components & assy’s.
- You have seen the full automotive product development process from concept through production.
- You have a wealth of Mechanical Engineering expertise – vibration, fatigue, accelerated testing, strength of materials, plastic material selection, wear, platings/coatings, corrosion prevention.
- You have extensive experience using CAD for designing and detailing complex parts (Solidworks preferred).
- You have extensive knowledge of GD&T and experience working with suppliers to develop optimal datum & tolerance strategies.
- You have been directly responsible for getting multiple components & assy’s through PPAP.
- You are an excellent communicator with demonstrated ability to lead complex projects and teams.
- Half mile from Millbrae BART/Caltrain (and we cover your public transportation costs)
- Full suite of benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k, etc)
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Machine shop for your personal use
- Great team!