We have developed an innovative device which improves vehicle energy efficiency. As we surpass the 50-employee mark, we are seeking a talented and experienced Talent Management and Human Resources Manager. The Manager will be directly responsible for HR/talent strategy and the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resources function. S/he will collaboratively develop programs, strategies, and a culture designed to help us achieve our goals by attracting, retaining and developing great team members. The Manager will serve as a consultant to senior leadership on all talent management and human resource related issues.
- Develop our strategic people plan to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Strengthen and oversee the process to recruit superior and diverse talent.
- Execute on an aggressive hiring plan over the next 12 to 18 months.
- Oversee the employee lifecycle: new hire onboarding, employee promotions, transfers, and exits.
- Track and analyze trends and metrics and use them to enhance our existing programs and policies. Develop new policies where helpful and/or necessary.
- Provide guidance and execute on organizational restructures, workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, and benefits.
- Identify training needs for teams as well as individual staff coaching needs.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase retention.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Manage the performance appraisal process.
- Develop and conduct trainings and implement a best in class professional development program.
- Oversee semimonthly payroll, benefits administration, and audit preparation.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on new technologies to streamline processes and enhance effectiveness.
- Communicate changes in policies and procedures and ensure proper compliance.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant HR or recruiting leadership experience.
- Strong leadership, conflict management, and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to work with a variety of personalities and skill sets.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience developing strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- The highest ethical standards, respect for privacy and confidentiality, and integrity.
- Ability to identify and anticipate the organization’s needs, make recommendations and implement improvements to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and thrive in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to multi-task and navigate in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to develop and analyze metrics and implement solutions
- Consistency in bringing an energetic, enthusiastic, disciplined, hard-working, and composed team player attitude.
- Passion for Aperia's mission and a great sense of humor.