We are seeking a System Engineer to play a key role in the design of our manufacturing process and own the sustaining engineering efforts of these processes. The position requires various levels of proficiency/working knowledge of industrial, mechanical, manufacturing, and controls engineering. The manufacturing system aims to maximum cost effectiveness and reliability of manufacturing processes and workflow while ensuring that products and processes meet customer quality requirements. This position will report to the Director of Operations.
The System Engineer will be responsible for:
- Designing the manufacturing system.
- Applying multi-discipline engineering principles and analytical techniques to: collect requirements, propose sub-systems, analyze sub-systems both independently and as a system.
- Thorough knowledge of the elements of the product and their function.
- Establishing and Negotiating “Design Objectives” as the relate to the company’s DFx initiatives.
- Developing the manufacturing system
- Verifying the manufacturing system
- Sustaining the manufacturing system
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, Systems Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing within the Automotive, Aerospace, High Tech, or Medical industries
- Knowledge of manufacturing and production engineering principles, concepts and general business operations.
- Expertise in the development and integration of electro-mechanical components, such as motors, sensors (e.g. transducers, accelerometers) batteries, antenna.
- Solid Modeling and simulation
- An ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
- Willingness and desire to roll up your sleeves to fabricate, build, and test your designs
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.