Seeking an experienced, accomplished and self-motivated architect of electrical systems for a next generation connected product. Join a talented team in the development and full lifecycle of the product, providing expertise and guidance for team projects related to a connected system with complex electrical characteristics and control requirements. The ideal candidate is an inventive problem solver, capable of working through technical challenges and employing pragmatic solutions.
- Design and specify embedded circuitry to implement pneumatic and mechanical control algorithms.
- Perform detailed calculations to establish standards and specifications for electrical system architecture.
- Specify, size, debug, and troubleshoot motor electrical design in a variety of architectures (Brushless DC, AC, SRM, Stepper).
- Ensure electrical design adherence to current engineering best practices including RoHS, WEEE, and other environmental compliance standards.
- Manage relationships with contractors and vendors for tasks including drafting schematics, sourcing suppliers, and identifying vendors for custom components.
- Minimum Bachelor’s in electrical engineering, physics or related technical field. Master’s preferred.
- 5-10 years related work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment (5000+ units/mo).
- Experience with multiple phases of embedded electronics design: requirements gathering, systems-level planning, schematic capture, component selection, PCB layout, prototype bring-up, and DFM / manufacturing support.
- Strong understanding of power dynamics and discrete motor driver design/sourcing.
- Strong understanding of electrical manufacturing processes.
- Competent in the use of electrical engineering software (Altium preferred; OrCAD, PADS, acceptable)
- Demonstrated track record of team leadership and project management capability.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills; must work well with others.
Desirable Adjacent Skills:
- Signal Conditioning Experience (2-3yrs)
- Vibration experience (rough-use connectors, joints, and components).
- Experience with power regeneration and storage in harsh operating environments.
- International regulatory/compliance experience (CE, UL, S-JET, CSA, FCC)
- EMI design experience (radio isolation, noise management, antenna design)