We are a fast-growing venture funded automotive product start-up selling a mechanical device which improves vehicle energy efficiency. We are seeking a motivated and self-driven Office Manager and EA to play a vital role in supporting the growth of the company’s infrastructure as we approach the 50-employee mark. Primary responsibilities will include office management, assisting the CEO and other executives, and helping drive a positive and fun culture. We are looking for an energetic, hands-on, organized person that thrives in a start-up organization. This is a unique opportunity to join a highly collaborative team and be at the ground level of a high growth company building a unique product.
We want an individual who cares deeply about creating the best environment and experience possible. Having a positive attitude, good work ethic, and empathy for others is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the "face of the company" when dealing with general inquiries via phone, email, and occasional walk-in correspondence
- Managing inventory of office and kitchen supplies, maintaining the good working order of the furniture, equipment, physical space, etc.
- Anticipating the needs of the team and the office and recommending ways to stay two steps ahead of everyone’s needs.
- Updating and maintaining manual and automated filing systems
- Coordinate services for facilities maintenance
- Evaluate and make recommendations on new technologies to streamline processes and enhance effectiveness.
- Support CEO by managing his schedule and travel plans
- Support other executives as needed
- Assist with special projects as they come up
- Be the HR liaison between employees and our outsourced HR firm
- Help drive a positive culture through leading by example
- Plan company events including celebrations, team bonding activities, and team offsites
- Improve and implement processes for onboarding, offboarding, recruiting, retention, and performance reviews
- Support the team in other creative ways that align with our cultural values
- BA/BS Required
- Minimum 1-2 years of administrative and/or office experience
- Multitasking and organization is your competitive advantage
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- The highest ethical standards, respect for privacy and confidentiality, and integrity
- Strong sense of urgency and personal accountability (you take the initiative to make things happen)
- HR experience a plus