As a Mechanical Test Engineer at Aperia, you will play a large role in both design verification during new product development as well as sustaining ongoing testing with our current product lineup. This role will work closely with the System Test & Reliability Engineering Manager, other Test Engineers, and Design Engineers to conceive, implement, and report on testing.
This role should expect to split time between the lab and office, getting both hands-on fabrication of equipment and performing tests, but also analyzing and reporting on test results.
- Working with mechanical and pneumatic equipment, coordinate the test design and implementation, analyze and document test results.
- Develop new test equipment, techniques and analytical tools as required
- Design, build, and troubleshoot mechanical test fixtures.
- Estimation of time and cost to build fixtures.
- 2+ years of experience in Systems or Product Test within the Automotive, Aerospace, High Tech, or Medical industries
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline (Mechatronics, Experimental Physics, etc.)
- Ability to generate and read electrical & pneumatic schematics and understand their function
- Willingness and desire to roll up your sleeves and execute test plans as required
- 2+ years SolidWorks Experience. Competent working with modelling parts, building assemblies, and generating drawings.
- Machine Shop Equipment. Mill & Lathe.
- Experience with outsourcing complex parts
- Mechatronics background or familiarity with interfacing electrical control equipment
- Ability to specify and interface with electrical motors
- Demonstrated experience in new product introduction and development of verification test methods and documentation of test results
- Attention to detail with both documentation of test setup and execution
Desirable Adjacent Skills:
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering approach to product development
- Vibration Testing/Accelerated Lifetime Testing
- Experience in defining and implementing test instrumentation to capture data
- Python/Matlab Programming
- Experience mentoring junior engineers and/or test technicians
- Familiarity with Product Lifecycle Management process and software