Aperia is unlocking a new era of efficiency & profitability for commercial vehicle fleets, by developing
innovative hardware & analytics solutions. Inventors of the award-winning Halo Automatic Tire Inflator, Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of down-time every week and reduces the environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the “backbone of our economy” into the automation age.
We are searching for a hands-on Sr. R&D Engineer to support the development of the Halo Tire Inflator, one of the trucking industry’s most innovative technologies. As Sr. R&D Engineer you will assist the Development team in creating next generation products and will support continuous improvement of our current generation products.
• Develop numerical models of engineered systems using Matlab, Simulink and/or python.
• Use CAE to perform fatigue, nonlinear deformation, dynamics, fluid flow and Thermal analysis.
• Design & conduct physical and virtual experiments.
• Design, source, and assemble hardware to support the physical experiments you conduct.
• Define instrumentation architectures and select/integrate sensors (strain gages, force transducers, and many other sensor types) and Data Acquisition Systems into your experimental setups.
• Use Labview, Arduino, and electrical/pneumatic actuators to automate tests and experiments.
• Apply statistics and data analysis techniques to your data-sets, to test hypotheses and inform design decisions.
• Analyze test data to determine product pass/fail, and to spot potential design issues.
• Write reports to present your findings, and establish experimental/instrumentation best practices.
• Manage the organization of large amounts of data.
• Lead a team of R&D & Mechanical Engineers.
• Build & Manage a small R&D Lab.
Who You Are
• Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Physics, PhD preferred.
• 4-10 years of industry experience
• Proficient with modelling mechanical parts and assemblies with CAD software, preferably Solidworks.
• Strong mult-physics simulation skills, experience with Solidworks Simulation Premium and other CAE software.
• Strong test setup design skills, and experience using mechanisms and actuators.
• Proficient with Labview & Arduino, or able to learn rapidly.
• Proficient with Matlab or python and data analysis techniques.
• Strong understanding of numerical simulation and statistical modelling techniques.
• Machine-shop experience.
• Deep familiarity with the scientific method.
• Half mile from Millbrae BART/Caltrain (and we cover your public transportation costs)
• Full suite of benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k, etc)
• Fully stocked kitchen
• Machine shop for your personal use
• Great team!