Primary architect and champion of control systems for a next generation connected product. Lead a talented team in the development and full lifecycle of the product, providing mentorship and guidance for team projects related to connected system with complex electrical characteristics and control requirements.
- Specify, size, debug, and troubleshoot motor design in a variety of architectures (Brushless DC, AC, SRM, Stepper).
- Write and maintain software for product and production fixtures, then carry through validation and verification testing and reporting (LabVIEW/MySQL/Opto22).
- Develop manufacturing equipment from conceptualization and specification through deployment with focus on controls and interfacing with mechanical components.
- Actively participate in engineering change review system as part of document control system. Apply scrutiny to changes both inside and outside scope of expertise.
- Manage and retain relationships with contractors and vendors for tasks including drafting schematics, sourcing suppliers, and identifying vendors for made-to-spec parts.
- Manage budgets and track spending for projects.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers on projects.
- Minimum Bachelor’s in engineering, physics or related technical field. Master’s preferred.
- 5-10 years related work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment (5000+ units/mo).
- Experience with multiple phases of embedded electronics design: requirements gathering, systems-level planning, schematic capture, component selection, PCB layout, prototype bring-up, and DFM / manufacturing support.
- Demonstrated track record of team leadership and project management capability.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills; must work well with others.
Desirable Adjacent Skills:
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy
- Understanding of mechanical devices
- Ability to operate in a matrix environment with multiple competing priorities
- Signal Conditioning Experience (2-3yrs)
- Real-Time Controls experience preferred, Real-fast a must (50KHz response frequency)
- Adaptive algorithm development
- Experience with power regeneration and storage in harsh operating environments.