We are seeking a quality engineer and purpose of this position is to ensure that products being manufactured meet the Engineering Specifications and Customer Requirements/Expectations. The Quality Engineer will work with Manufacturing, supply chain, CM, Design, Development and Engineering to assure that the appropriate quality tools are identified, procured, and training is done. The Quality Engineer will work with the Quality Director and Quality Technician on responses to Customer concerns. The Quality Engineer will work with Engineering and Operations on Kaizen and Corrective Action activities. The Quality Engineer will be required to support and assist in the 6s and Lean initiatives as they are implemented. The Quality Engineer will be an active participant in the APQP process, with responsibility for gathering and/or preparing the information needed for PPAP submissions, sending the information to the related parties, and tracking these to approval.
- Assist the Quality Director in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the Quality Management System
- Facilitate communication and clarification of technical requirements between customers, Suppliers and Design, Purchasing, Quality, and Manufacturing teams.
- Analyze failures (internal, customer, warranty) to determine corrective actions needed; respond to customer complaints.
- Support Internal Audits and Process Audits
- Collaborate with Design, Quality, and Manufacturing to determine the ideal performance specifications and quality metrics.
- Assist in improving customer quality issues, manufacturing process development and support for new product launches and design changes.
- Participates in project teams coordinating the efforts of sales team and cross functional team members to reduce customer complaints and field returns.
- Assist to reduce manufacturing process defects (scrap, nonconforming material, customer complaints) by leading efforts focused on identifying the primary root causes and implementing corrective and preventative actions. Develops and implements process monitoring systems by identifying critical process steps which could culminate in possible sources of manufacturing defects and devising methods to reduce process variation in order to reduce/eliminate the cause of defects.
- Assists developing QMS, GMP, ISO and TS16949 compliance standards and keeping up-to-date on current regulations and industry standards
- Provide training in Quality disciplines as needed
- Assist in creating and maintaining company quality documentation
- Assist in all Design review activities, Mold review activities & MRB activities
- Support CAR and SCAR system (Arena)
- Performs data collection and analysis to monitor Quality trends
- BS Degree in Industrial / Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering or similar; plus 2-3 years of related work experience.
- Strong background in injection molding, stamping, casting, and machined parts a plus.
- Experience in Quality Systems a plus: TS16949/PPAP/APQP/FAI processes; ISO 9001; familiarity with SPC and data analysis.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate and direct supplier activities at the management level.
- Ability to define and execute a project using project management techniques.
- Ability to perform Internal audits, process audits and generate audit reports
- Ability to generate new Procedures, Policies & protocols
- Ability to read complex mechanical drawings
- Ability to perform PFMEA
- Excellent team building skills in dealing with suppliers, peers and other functional areas.
- Strong technical writing ability and an ability to explain complex issues in a concise and plain manner.
- Experienced with analytical techniques commonly used to investigate component defects.
- Experience out in the field doing product acceptance is a plus.
- Ability to perform dimensional measurements & FAI
- Ability to travel - approximately 10%
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.