We’re looking for a seasoned mechanical engineer to be a leader in developing our automatic tire inflation technology. We’re looking for someone who loves solving complex challenges, innovating efficient solutions, and coordinating a dynamic cross-functional team operation.
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the technical oversight of full product lifecycle developments for several key products and subsystems. Candidates should have experience developing a wide range of products, including pneumatic, electro-mechanical, and motorized systems, and/or sensorized components.
The right candidate will have experience leading engineering teams to develop robust systems capable of enduring harsh use-case environment. He/she must understand how to balance a rigorous system design process with efficient execution, prioritize effectively, and communicate clearly.
The Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Integrating with cross-functional teams to efficiently develop high quality products
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to mechanical engineering team
- Identify verification methods (analysis, demonstration, test, etc.) and prototyping needs required to enable predictable and successful system builds
- Facilitate the appropriate use of design reviews
- Participating in design failure modes and effects analysis to help identify high risk areas for the development lifecycle
- Ensure thorough documentation of studies and design decisions
- Contribute to the success and development of individuals on the project team by defining clear expectations
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, Systems Engineering, or related discipline
- 7+ years of experience in product development within the Automotive, Aerospace, High Tech, or Medical industries
- 2+ year of experience leading engineering teams and successfully bringing high volume, reliable, electro-mechanical products to mass production.
- 5+ years of experience in designing consumer oriented products using a broad range of processes and materials, with an emphasis on plastic/elastomer molding and metal parts (casting, sheet metal, CNC, MIM, etc.).
- Expertise in the areas of: Tolerance Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Design of Experiments, FEA, Thermal Design, DFMEA, DFA, etc.
- Expertise in the development and integration of electro-mechanical components, such as motors, sensors (e.g. transducers, accelerometers) batteries, antenna.
- Expertise in SolidWorks
- An ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
- Willingness and desire to roll up your sleeves to fabricate, build, and test your designs
- Mastery of sound systems thinking and engineering processes
- Mastery of failure modes and mechanisms
- Ability to lead engineering work sessions, develop and support best practice processes, and coach more junior team members
- Self-starter, capable of working independently and building strong cross functional relationships
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills