Design lead and responsible engineer for mechatronics projects both for product and manufacturing production line. This includes design changes to the current hardware platform to add electromechanical enhancement to existing functions as well as the automation and improvement of current production processes. The ideal candidate will be a strong contributor to team projects related to Soft Goods (Firmware, software, electrical, data, and communications), able to handle multiple discrete projects with minimal oversight.
- Design, develop, or implement control circuits or algorithms for electromechanical or pneumatic devices or systems.
- Research, select, or apply sensors, communication technologies, or control devices for motion control, position sensing, pressure sensing, or electronic communication.
- Design advanced electronic control systems for mechanical systems.
- Upgrade the design of existing devices by adding mechatronic elements.
- Apply mechatronic or automated solutions to the transfer of materials, components, or finished goods.
- Creating detailed manufacturing drawings, wiring diagrams, pneumatic diagrams and other for manufacturing products
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in parametric modeling for CAD (SolidWorks/Creo)
- Experience designing with relays, IO, circuit breakers, power supplies, and/ or micro-controllers.
- Experience with 3D CAD software and software for wiring diagrams
- Technical competence in mechanical, electrical, and software engineering
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills; must work well with others.
Desirable Adjacent Skills:
- Experience with software for wiring diagrams and basic PCB layout.
- Experience with IoT device design considerations and challenges.
- Understanding of mechanical devices.
- Ability to operate in a matrix environment with multiple competing priorities.