Nestled at the foot of the rolling Catoctin Mountains in Central Maryland, this timeless country house hotel is acclaimed for its cuisines and luxurious accommodations. Antrim 1844 Country House Hotel offers a spectacular setting for romantic getaways, fine dining, elegant weddings, family reunions or corporate meetings and retreats.
The guest service representative position is very important as clients and visitors judge us by how our front desk operates. We are the first impression and definitely the last impression. Guest Service Agents are required to be professional, hands-on and very pleasant, even in the event of adversity. Anyone who walks into our Inn will be greeted by a guest service representative. Guest service agents need to have an outgoing personality, be able to multi-task and have a smile on their faces at all times. They greet guests and provide registration; answering phone calls, making room and dinner reservations, meeting and exceeding the customer's expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet guests and patrons as they arrive.
- Manage the registration process.
- Ask for identification and ensure that the provided credentials are accurate.
- Handle guest check-ins and check-outs appropriately.
- Operate hotel switchboard and provide information as required to all callers.
- Manage accurate accounting of all rooms.
- Provide guests with room keys and call for bellmen.
- Take room and dinner reservations over the telephone, through emails, and in person.
- Answer queries regarding the hotel's services, charges, dining facilities, sports facilities and travel directions.
- Refer guests to appropriate departments to resolve complaints or provide suggestions.
- Compute bills and take payments.
- Provide guests with directions around the hotel.
- Contact housekeeping and maintenance departments when a problem is reported.
- Balance cash at the end of the shift and generate accounting reports for the benefit of the next shift.
- Provide our guests with an exemplary customer service experience.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking work environment.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills.
- Highly motivated individual.
- Ability to work all shifts, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Experience in PMS/Reservations software, Google Apps, Knowledge of computers and computer programs helpful; strong sales and diverse customer service backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Previous Hotel experience a plus.
- Accounting experience helpful.
- Background screen required.