Named an AJC Top Workplace in 2020, AnswerRocket is the leader in AI-powered analytics disrupting the traditional BI and analytics market. Our self-service analytics platform combines machine learning with natural language generation to enable business leaders to make better, faster decisions. As a Software Developer working on the engineering team, you’ll play a major role in designing, developing, deploying and supporting AnswerRocket's web development technologies.
Developers are at the heart of our team. We want smart and flexible thinkers for whom programming is second nature. If you are that kind of person, you know that software is an expressive discipline. We encourage responsible creativity along with personal commitment to our customers. We look for engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and are enthusiastic to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Deploy in Amazon’s cloud or at client premises
- Work heavily in web and database environments but also touch on mobile, systems management, configuration management, tenancy, parallelization, security, and other aspects of serving enterprise customers
- Be involved in decision making around the architecture and future product enhancements
- Further increase your experience working in new frameworks while solving complex problems in a collaborative and casual environment
We are looking for people who:
- Have 1+ years of professional experience in software development or similar role
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Are passionate for UX, database scalability, mobile development, and making software great
- Possess a love of design almost as much as implementing modules and fixing broken things
- Can meet a deadline but also know when and how to explain a delay
- Are comfortable working in our git development model which uses fast iterations to deliver software in cycles
- Are located in the Atlanta (or willing to relocate) and are able to work full-time, onsite with our team
Bonus points if you have:
- 3-5+ years in software development or similar role
- Hands on experience with our tech stack
- Experience at a software or analytics company
- Enthusiasm for learning new technology, but the restraint to only use when appropriate
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary with top-notch health, dental and vision coverage
- 401K, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous PTO plus standard national holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Weekly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Commuter perks and an office with MARTA access
- Complimentary onsite gym
- Casual dress (always)
- Team outings and company events to build community
- Self-funded, stable startup with an approachable leadership team
- Our People (or “Rocketeers” as we say) are the best part about working at AnswerRocket!
Who we are
AnswerRocket is the AI-powered analyst for impact makers. We’re disrupting the traditional BI and analytics market with AI that achieves powerful business outcomes. AnswerRocket’s leading self-service analytics platform combines machine learning with natural language generation to enable business leaders to make better, faster decisions.
We’re a company that’s out to make history. Founded by successful tech entrepreneurs in 2013, AnswerRocket is growing at a stellar pace in every measure - revenues, people, innovation and customers. Named a Cool Vendor in analytics by Gartner, AnswerRocket is changing the way enterprises make decisions every day.
Located in Atlanta, Georgia, AnswerRocket is proud to regularly be recognized for product and company culture achievements. Our team consists of a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re looking for go-getters, idea-chasers and it-can-be-doners. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything.
Come As You Are
We aim to build an inclusive workforce. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation. If you need an accommodation in order to apply for open job opportunities, please submit a description of your accommodation request to email@example.com. This email is only for accommodation requests related to the application process.
Posting Statement: If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit unsolicited resumes to our team unless we have a prior agreement. AnswerRocket is not liable for and will not pay for any placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Thank you.